16 March 2010

A Real Keeper

I can't wait to make this for my man. I can even see it being added to our repertoire of meals to serve to guests.
Polenta is not something I usually make and I picked up precooked polenta at Trader Joes, so I wasn't sure how it would work with this recipe. It was too firm to stir in the rosemary, but worked well just by sprinkling it on top.
Little things I did differently than the recipe were instead of a frying pan, I used a dutch oven. I knew that would work well in the oven and I wasn't as sure with my frying pans. Then when folding the chicken over, I used toothpicks to keep it in the taco shape.
This is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your plate looks so pretty! i love the teeny caprese salad at the top of the plate. and the round of polenta looks lovely. :) yum yum. i also had a little trouble getting some of my chicken to stay folded over and considered toothpicks, but i was afraid they would catch on fire. i am glad to know that next time i can use toothpicks. you'll have to let us know the hubby's reaction when he gets a taste of this delight!

    beautiful work darling!!!

    p.s. i removed my previous comment, because i messed it up. oops. i didnt know blogger was going to announce to everyone that i made a boo-boo.

    ReplyDelete